October 16, 2002

Recycling in Britain

Category: Environment

LONDON: Sorry to sound like a preacher here, but the state of recycling in this country has left my mouth agape in shock. Maybe I've been in California too long. Aluminum cans, that's 5 syllables, go in the trash, period. I've asked around about where else to put them, and all I get are shrugs. Paper? Glass? the same.

[example article]

McDonalds still uses those old Styrofoam containers. (woops, I'm admitting that I dined there) I think I might start up an aluminum salvage business and pay homeless people to go around and collect for me. I'd make a fortune!

Posted by Nick at October 16, 2002 6:04 PM

Comments:

Spencer informs us:

Bad news: do you know that NYC has dropped its recycling program "temporarily"? Ugh! Yes, the city is strapped for cash now, but recycling isn't about saving money. I currently stash what I can for when I go home to Jersey.

***

Article Here

Major bummer. There must be a way to make money off a recycling program. At least the're still collecting cans and paper. Glass is so unprofitable to recycle, I can hardly blame them.

Posted by: Nick at October 18, 2002 9:29 AM

Yes, aluminum recycling can be profitable for those in the recycling business. Wanna startup a business in Europe? Talk to Reynolds or Alcoa about your business plan.

Posted by: Anonymous at December 2, 2002 5:14 PM

I think recycling in Britain is not going too
well, especially in Wycombe.
You need to do something about it!

Posted by: Steph at April 11, 2003 1:03 PM

How can i find out facts about recycling in Britain. I have got to do a english project on it and i am in charge of finding the facts.

Posted by: Anonymous at February 5, 2004 12:13 PM

How can i find out facts about recycling in Britain.

Posted by: Edz Carlin at February 5, 2004 12:14 PM

bite me

Posted by: Anonymous at June 8, 2004 3:16 AM

I find the problem with britain today with recycling is, we are use to just throwing are waste in the bin and not bothering to think about what it is doin to our countryside.
I have been doing my GCSE course work on business recycling in my local area and people have been sayin they would recycle more if they didn't have to pay for it and if the council could do a box sceem like they do for house holds.
If the council would do that I think Britains reecycling would increase by far.

Posted by: Anna at August 28, 2004 6:22 AM